Tis the season of change, transformation, and growth. From the beauty of the fall colors, the brilliance of golden sunlight, and the delight of crisp cold nights, to the thinning of the veils where Spirit’s mysteries uncloak nature, Spirit takes one last bow before taking her rest beneath the blankets of winter snow. This is a great time of year to take advantage of the natural changes to go inward. The Autumn is the time of the West, which is the place of introspection and looking within. It is a time to reconnect with your spiritual roots, assess the year that is ending, and learn from your triumphs as well as any failures. It is also the time of the harvest where the seeds planted in the spring will now yield fruit. Introspection is a great gift for as we go inward we find Spirit as manifest through our lives and our actions. We learn valuable lessons in that place within the Cave of the Bear, but no matter what the outcomes of our choices or actions the results can only be temporary. The lessons learned however and the growth attained will last forever and be forever etched within our soul.
- Get completely relaxed. Relax your body fully then count down from 5 to 1 becoming 5 times more relaxed with each count.
- Imagine or visualize you are in one of your bedrooms from your childhood or sometime in the past. Pay attention to all the detail of the room including the sights, sounds and smells, experiencing it in the present as if you were back in time
- Notice a knock on the door. Then the door opens and immediately someone who you knew, from back in the time you lived in that bedroom but has since crossed over, walks in and sits next to you. Feel free to have a conversation or ask questions and trust everything you get. Be aware of feelings, symbols, memories, pop culture or art references, music, emotions, words and phrases that come to mind, etc. as they may all have meaning and be part of what your spirit loved one wishes to communicate with you. Give yourself freedom to be open and spontaneous. Have fun and feel the joy of the connection.
- Repeat step 3 with a new spirit.
- Count up from one to three when you are ready to come out of the meditation and ground and center yourself. Feel free to do this as often as you like.