Is it a coincidence that Father’s day always falls within a week of the summer Solstice? I think not. In many of our root cultures it is recognized that the sun is like a cosmic Father to us, embodying the male or yang qualities of nature, such as fire, heat and light. It is through our heavenly father’s gift that the divine feminine is nurtured and life on earth is sustained. The summer solstice season and all its rituals are all about the sun and light, as these are the brightest and the longest days of the year. With Father Sun’s warming embrace, we can become more “power-attuned” to our own inner light as well and learn to shine our light into the world brighter and clearer than ever before. Here is a simple meditation to help you to do this and remember to always let your love light shine – and keep it on.
- Sit up in a comfortable posture. Relax completely.
- With your mind clear of thoughts and your body clear of tensions, start to become aware of a bright yellow, gold or white light emanating from deep within the center of your chest or heart chakra. Feel this light glowing from within the center of your being, illuminating and activating your entire chest from your solar plexus up to the base of your throat..
- With each breath allow your light to grow larger, brighter and clearer until the light emanation from your chest is extending outside your body in all directions and illuminating your entire aura or the space around your body
- Continue to expand the light outward with your breath. See/feel your entire room glowing in your light.
- Continue extending your joyful light outward into your neighborhood, city, then State, then spread it further and further until the entire world is gently glowing with your warm light. Feel the joyful emotions that charges your inner light emanating outward as well. Feel a sense of health, well being, bounty and bliss emanating outward with this light. Continue expanding your light into the galaxy and the universe if you like. Be mindful and aware during this process. If and when you find yourself retreating into personal thoughts just gently return to your expanded awareness state and shift your focus to the joy and love of your beautiful light extending outward from your chest far and wide.
- Stay in this bright and blissful state for a few minutes to an hour or more, when you feel ready allow your light to return into your chest, allowing your chest and the chakras (energy centers) around it to remain open or closed to a comfortable level. Start to feel the earth and imagine that the lower portion of your body is buried in dirt and roots are extending downward. Allow a portion of all the light you just emanated to go down through the roots and into the earth. When you feel grounded open your eyes and remain aware and present (always).